Fundraising: Name The Price
After a vist to Kamenu Primary School to donate some desks, the headteacher shared the plight of the girls in the school. With 325 girls in their puberty, sanitary towels are a luxury to these girls. Some girls miss classes during their menses, while other use pieces of clothes and chunks of mattresses on these days.
Most girls come from single mothers households, whereby the mothers work long hours at the Delmonte farm. The girls are forced to tend to themselves, and they end up getting involved sexually with older peers to get money for basics such as sanitary towels. This has contributed to early pregnancy, and a early drop outs. The No Missing Periods coz of periods project is aimed at reducing absenteeism from school due to lack of sanitary towels to under privileged girls. To achieve the above and deliver on the June 20th 2012.
Serena Hotels and lodges has donated 3 accommodation vouchers for various units for an online auction for travel in June. The auction is targeted at an audience of 10,000 Kenyans on twitter and facebook, mainly the middle class who are primarily local tourist to the Kenyan lodges. The serena mountain lounge room was auctioned online on the 25th of May (1 NIGHT FOR 2 FULL BOARD) and awarded to Lora the highest bidder with 12,000/- Kilaguni Serena was next and was auctioned at 8,900/-. Next up, sweet waters tented camp. Kindly note that every accommodation option will be active for auction at an allocated time as communicated below. The list of facilities just gives you more information about the place. You will only be entitled to the above during the competition. To place your bid, enter the name of accommodation option on twitter followed by #Nameyourprice. You can also bid by posting your price on the face book page or in private by contacting 0707 178 946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kilaguni Serena Superbly situated in the lee of Mount Kilimanjaro and sheltered by the volcanic splendour of the Chyulu Hills, this classic stone-built lodge overlooks its own water hole, which is visited daily by elephants, buffalos and a wide variety of plains game.
All the spacious ensuite rooms have their own verandas, some overlooking the waterhole, some the Chyulu Hills, which are one of the world’s youngest volcanic ranges.
The auction was closed at 1800 hours on the 29th of May 2012 at 8,900/- by Mumbi
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is located within the Tsavo West National Park ( a short drive from the main Mtito Andei Gate), which lies 280 kilometres from Nairobi.
By road: transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3 hours.
- 56 rooms (inclusive of 5 suites: all non-smoking)
- Central dining room overlooking the water hole
- Rock-built bar overlooking the water hole
- Dedicated bush dining area
- Garden swimming pool and sundeck
- Gift shop and business centre
- 3 game drives daily with dedicated wilderness guides
- Guided nature walks or bird-watching walks
- Dinner in the bush, breakfast on Lion Rock
- Sundowners on Roaring Rocks
- African theme nights
- Visit to Akamba communities, opport
Serena Mountain Lodge on the lower slopes of the mountain, the lodge is cool, tranquil and hushed for optimum game-sightings. The open-air viewing-deck looks down on to its own water hole and salt-lick, which attracts numerous herds of elephant and buffalo. There is also a tunnel leading to a photo-hide, which offers spectacular viewing and photographic opportunities just metres away from the wildlife at the water hole.
The auction was closed at 1800 hours on the 25th of May 2012 at 12,000/- by Lora
Serena Mountain Lodge is within Mount Kenya National Park about 193 kilometres from Nairobi.
- 41 rooms (all non smoking)
- Gallery dining room at tree-top level
- Bar with central fireplace and viewing deck
- Guided forest walks
- Trout fishing
- Mountain climbs and treks
- Tree-planting programme
- Gift shop and business centre
- Bush breakfast, Bush lunch and Dinner at the Rooftop
- Massages, facials, pedicures, manicures
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification
- Wake up calls to view animals at the waterhole on reques
SWEETWATERS TENTED CAMP located in Ol Pejeta Conservancy on the plains of Mount Kenya, the camp features thirty-nine luxury tents, each with its own private veranda overlooking the water hole. The central Rhino Restaurant is housed in the former manager’s house of this once colonial farm, and offers both regional and international cuisine.
Also within the house is the Kashoggi Bar and lounge, which centres on a blazing log fire. The Waterhole Bar, built in the style of a game-viewing hide, overlooks the waterhole and offers unrivalled wildlife-watching.
The auction date to be announced
The camp lies at the centre of the 110,000-acre Ol Pejeta Conservancy, which lies on the Laikipia plains 17 kilometres from Nanyuki and 217 kilometres from Nairobi.
By road: transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3-4 hours.
- Day and night game drives daily
- Luxury tented accommodation
- Swimming pool and extensive grounds
- Central Rhino Restaurant
- Colonial-styled lounge and bar
- Extensive grounds
- Private waterhole and night viewing bar
- Conference room
- Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
- Gift shop, business centre, WiFi
- Satellite TV room
- Camel treks, guided nature walks, bird spotting
- Cultural dance and music
* Terms and Conditions apply. For any questions kindly contact 0707 178 946 or email email@example.com
Follow Evans Muriu on @vancemuriu